Today I turned 24 years old.
When I look back at my life thus far, there are a lot of things that I've wanted to accomplish and change about myself that I haven't done yet. I know it's "trendy" right now to do a "25 by 25" or a "12 by 2012," but that's not why I want to do it. I want to do it because I truly want to better myself. I want to enjoy my life and live it the way God intended me to.
I realize that I'm a pretty "hit or miss" blogger, but really, this blog is for myself. It's to help me keep track of things I want to remember. Of course, I would love to be more diligent about it and get tons of followers and make money doing it, but, realistically, that probably won't happen.
I think it's very important for people to find their purpose in life. Unfortunately, a lot of people never do. I haven't found mine yet, either. I know I'm here for a reason, and I know I went through trials and struggles for a reason. I know God gave me a creative mind for a purpose, and I fully intend to discover what that purpose it. It is my hope that this list will help me to get closer to making that discovery, and I invite you to go on this journey with me!
Some things will be just for me to enjoy life and make memories, while others will be to better myself and help me to change some things that need to be changed. I encourage you to make a "25 by 25" list (or whatever list you'd like to make!) as well.. Everyone needs goals. If we never set goals for ourselves, we'll never accomplish anything!
So, now, without further ado, I present to you.......
"25 by 25"!
1. Declutter and organize every room in my house.
2. Go horseback riding. I've done this several times before, but it's been years since the last time I did, and I have a serious hankerin' to do it again! (You liked that redneck jargon, didn't you?!)
3. Find a way to make money doing things that I love.
4. Make sure my house is clean every night before I go to bed for a month (to hopefully make it a habit! Fingers crossed!!)
5. Learn to sew.
6. Write a book.
7. Eat healthier.
8. Lose 10 - 15 pounds.
9. Write a song. I've written several songs in the past.. I have a major heart for worship, so it's something that I love. The last song I wrote was for my best friend Cheryl after her husband passed away last January. We played the song at his funeral. She, nor his family, knew anything about it. I could never figure out what to say to make the pain go away (I know nothing would make it go away, but I wanted to do something to help), so I poured my heart out into a song. It is a memory I will forever hold in my heart.
10. Learn to make jewelry.
11. Become more diligent with my quiet time.
12. Develop a workout plan -- and actually DO it.
13. Redo our master bathroom.
14. Decorate our guest bedroom and office.
15. Become debt-free, except for our mortgage.
16. Either have a baby or a baby on the way!
17. Become a more diligent blogger.
18. Show more grace to people.
19. Landscape our yard.
20. Help someone in need.
21. Become a more positive person.
22. Organize our closet.
23. Become an avid "thrifter."
24. Find new ways to save money.
25. Be more sponateous!
There you have it! My "25 by 25" list!
I hope you do the same, and I hope that we all accomplish the goals we set for ourselves!
As I accomplish a goal, I will try my best to update the list!
Have a happy Saturday night!