Layout

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

We need a revolution..

Saturday night, I went with some friends to a Miranda Lambert concert in Orange Beach, AL.. It was part of her "Revolution" tour.  It was at a place called the Wharf, if you've never been there, in an outdoor amphitheater.. We had a good time (aside from the fact that our rumps were numb from sitting in bleachers for almost 4 hours). 
Brittany, L, Haley, Cheryl, and me
My friend Haley's cute-as-a-button little girl came with us because she LOOOVVVEEESS Miranda.. 


On the way there, she asked "How much longer, mama?" about every ten minutes.  Needless to say, she was pretty excited, so of course, when she heard "Well, I've been saved by the grace of southern charm," she immediately jumped to her feet and started singing.. and I just HAD to snap this picture.

Starstruck!
Most of the people there were just as excited as she was! Screaming, singing at the top of their lungs, lifting their hands in the air and swaying to the music.. Now, this is probably going to make me sound really sheltered, but this was my first secular concert.  All I've been to have been Christian artists.  Because of this, I feel like I may have had a slightly different perspective than someone who had been to a lot more than me.  Throughout the concert, I couldn't help but think about how different the world would be if people showed as much eagerness and enthusiasm for Jesus as they do for a country singer. 

People will completely lose all of their inhibitions and act like a fool and not care who is watching.  Get these same people in a church during a worship service, and they sit like a deer in headlights.  It just blows my mind.  Jesus is MUCH more worthy of our efforts than some country singer.. Now, don't get me wrong, I sang and tapped my foot to the beat at the concert along with everyone else.. I am BY NO MEANS saying that I think it is wrong.. I'm just saying that if Miranda Lambert deserves all of that, how much MORE should we give Jesus?  

1 comment: