Layout

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Apple Dumplings

I tried a new recipe tonight.. I originally heard about these from a friend. She talked about how amazing they were, and I vowed to make them one day. This was MONTHS ago.  I knew that it was a popular recipe so I headed to google.com to try and find the recipe again. Turns out, my friend Ree makes these too (okay, so she's not REALLY my friend, but since I've met her, I like to tell myself that). We all know that if Ree makes them, they're good!

I would be doing you a GRAVE injustice if I didn't share.  Josh and I both agree that they were one of the best desserts we have ever had.

Sinful.
Ree's recipe made 16 dumplings, but since it was just Josh and I, I halved the recipe and made 8.

Here's what you'll need to make 8.  If you want to make 16, just double it. =)

1 can crescent rolls
1 granny smith apple
3/4 cup sugar
1 stick butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
6 oz. (1/2 a can) of Mountain Dew

Peel and core the apple. Then cut it into 8 slices. 

Roll out the crescent dough, and then wrap one slice of apple in each triangle of dough.  Place them in a square baking dish. (I'm thinking I used an 8x8. I'm not good with measurements.) If you were making 16, you would use a 9x13. You need a dish that will not have a lot of extra room so they will be coated better.

Now, melt a stick of butter in a saucepan.

Once the butter is melted, add in the sugar. Stir just a little bit until it is mixed together but still lumpy. Then add the vanilla extract, stir just a little bit more, and pour the buttery goodness over the dumplings.

Now take your Mountain Dew, and pour it around the edges of the dish. If you have any left, pour it down the middle of the dish as well.

Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Serve with vanilla ice cream.

Consume it way to quickly because you didn't realize how incredibly, amazingly, marvelously delicious it would be.

Die happy.

I'm just going to go ahead and say, "You're welcome," because you'll definitely be thanking me later.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment